Beauty and You

We share our beauty tips and kits here. You are welcome to submit your secrets to us too!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Experience with underarms IPL

By Ivine

The thoughts of getting an IPL done have come across my mind many times. To do or not to?? Before the IPL, I have been waxing at my spa salon each time I go for my facial. After each wax, the underarms are smooth and clean. To my dismay, this happiness is short-lived. The next day, You can expect to see hairs starting to grow out. So fast?! You may ask. Yah! Waxing pulls out the whole hair and its root, and some salons even promise that each time you will remain hairless for many days and ultimately the hairs grow out to be finer. But all these never happen. Nonetheless, I continue the painful waxing for underarms and upper lips for about 1 year since it comes free with the 30 times spa package which I have signed up for. After 1 year, neither did I see my hair regrowth to be lesser nor finer.

Then came a wish come true. My dearest dear finally sponsored me to an 6 times IPL underarms treatment with Derma Image. The package was signed and the bill was paid. Ha ha... The friendly consultant first briefed me on the procedure and explained the details. When I finally get my "arms on", it was not as bad as I thought. They shaved for you and applied the cold gel ( the type which they use for ultrasound scan) to numb you. Next, they will test your pain treshold by shooting different intensity of pulse-light. Trust me! Its not as painful as what many rumours you have heard. I tried their maximum level and it is like ant bites.

After the 1st treatment, you will notice that the underarm hairs start to drop after a few days when they grow out. This is because the roots are burnt and destroyed during the treatment. Before each treatment, do not wax since you need to have the roots there for the laser to burn them. Subsequently after each treatment, the regrowth is slower and finer.

Now its my 5th time and I am pleased with the results. During this 6 months, I do not need to wax and have only shaved once because I have no time to go for the once/monthly IPL. Now the regrowth is soooo slow and the hairs are so fine that I believe I won't need another treatment for another month.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Double Eyelids - Get it with Plastic Surgery?